LANDSCAPING AND DESIGN FAQS
Although gardening and planting are seasonal, we can work all year round on garden design as the planning stage is not dependent on the weather or seasons. People often choose spring to rethink their outdoor spaces, but we are happy to give you advice and guidance at any time.
With Landscapes London, most landscaping work can be carried out at any time of year but it’s generally best to plant in spring or autumn as the soil is usually more moist at these times of the year. However, as long as the conditions are good and the plants are in stock, we can plant them. Bulbs are more seasonal though, and need to be planted at the correct time of year for their species.
Every landscaping project depends upon different factors: The size and complexity of the project, access to the site, the weather, availability of materials and more.
Here are some things to consider:
- We do our best to minimize any inconvenience and complete work within a given time frame but occasionally there may be delays. For example, unexpectedly adverse weather may slow down work, or even bring it to a temporary halt.
- Some landscaping projects may also need extensive ground works to improve drainage and ensure that permanent structures are not disturbed.
- Our landscapers will work with your estimated start date and an approximate time span for the work to be done.
- As our London landscapers designers are in high demand it’s always best to start the quoting process well in advance if you are working to a deadline and make sure everybody knows when the work needs to be completed.
GARDEN SERVICES AND MAINTENANCE FAQS
For all our landscaping, turfing and fence installation, we normally quote after an on-site survey and offer a fixed estimate for the entire project.
Our garden maintenance, clearance and leaf collection services are hourly based. You only pay for the amount of time the gardeners spent working at your home. Gardening is a heavy-duty job, and we have found out that for maintenance, hedge-cutting, and clearance services, a team of at least two gardeners works more efficiently.
LONDON LAWN TURFING FAQs
You can walk on your new turf after about two to three weeks. By then, it should be well rooted. You may want to test it first by pulling at it a little. If it offers resistance and doesn’t come up, you’re all good to go.
Turf is pretty robust and because of this can be laid all year round. Keep in mind our tips below for each season, and you will end up with a lawn to be proud of whatever time of year it is laid.
Spring : Spring is a good time of year to lay turf. Laying it at this time of the year means that your turf will be well established and ready to enjoy throughout the summer months.
- The turf should be laid the same day it is delivered or at the latest the following day. The sooner the better is always key.
- Keep it well watered for the first two weeks while it roots in, watering it every evening with a sprinkler
Summer : If you are laying turf in the summer, it will just need a bit more TLC compared to other times of the year.
- It is important to lay the turf as soon as possible. Our London turfing team will make sure it is laid on the same day that it is delivered.
- Our trained garden team will ensure your turf is unraveled carefully, doesn’t dry out and remains in excellent condition throughout the process
- Make sure the turf is well watered every evening if the weather is dry for the first couple of weeks. Following this, water more occasionally as and when needed.
Autumn: Like spring, autumn is another good time to lay turf. There is still plenty of sunlight and the rain will help keep it watered
- Unlike in summer, the turf just needs to be laid the day it arrives or the following day at the latest.
- Once laid, give it a good watering, and unless the rain does it for you continue to water it for the next couple of week
Winter : Winter is still a good time to be laying a new lawn. It will take a bit longer to root in the cooler, less sunny time of the year, but given time you will have a lovely new lawn
- Avoid times of frost, this is the only time when turf will not be able to root in.
- If there is no rain forecast, give it a watering once laid, but at this time of the year the weather should take care of most of the watering needs.
Following our steps above, you can lay turf whenever it fits in best with you, although Spring and autumn are probably the easiest times of year to lay it.
Do you provide a follow-up lawn care service ?
Yes. Don’t worry if you, your tenants or your company don’t have the time or personnel to tend to your newly laid lawn. Our London Lawn Care Service will make sure your lawn stays in top condition throughout the year. Our services include:
- Lawn Restoration
- Weed treatment and control
- Lawn mowing and watering
GARDEN CLEANING SERVICES
We offer all aspects of garden/outdoor cleaning to leave your outside space looking clean and tidy.
- Cleaning or jet washing of patios, driveways and hardcore areas
- Pond maintenance and clearing
- Garden furniture cleaning
- Clearance and removal of dead leaves, twigs etc
- Bird/animal/pest waste removal